We would like to recognize the outstanding performance of the Youngstown Alumni Chapter and their Safe Sleep Fatherhood Initiative. They are making a significant difference in the father’s lives in Mahoning County. They also established ‘Fatherhood Matters’ as a center of influence and programming collaborating with the many stakeholders in the area. Polemarch Parm, Dr. McGee and team a job well done your chapter exemplifies achievement and outstanding leadership in Youngstown and Mahoning County.
Nathaniel Jordan II
Safe Sleep Chairman
- Meeting of the safe sleep sub- committee of the Mahoning County My Baby’s First committee…I discussed birth spacing from a male perspective
-The Edward DeBartolo Building – Boardman, Ohio
-March 6, 2017
- Discussing issues related to early infant death…I spoke on responsible fatherhood as relates to the issue of early infant death.
-New Bethel Baptist Church – Youngstown, Ohio
-March 21, 2017
- Community Wide Baby Shower…I and other members of the fraternity were able to speak with a large number of people about early infant death and responsible fatherhood.
-Arlington Hgts. Community Center – Youngstown, Ohio
-April 8, 2017
- Co- presenter to an economic geography class at Youngstown State University…discussed responsible fatherhood; including birth spacing.
-Phelps Hall at YSU
-April 11, 2017
- Every day Democracy planning committee…discussing the planning of a community block party…The fraternity is playing a major role in the planning and presentation…responsible fatherhood will be a major initiative of the block party.
-Martin Luther Lutheran Church in Youngstown, Ohio
-April 19, 2017
- The men of Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity gave a presentation on safe sleep/early infant death prevention at the Ohio State Penitentiary Prison Camp in Youngstown, Ohio. The presentation began with introductions and a brief discussion as to why the fraternity came to the prison to speak. During the discussion the presenters were careful not reference any commentary that might affect the results of the pre-assessment survey. Prior to the beginning of the formal presentation the participants were asked to complete the referenced pre-assessment survey.
-Ohio State Penitentiary – Youngstown, Ohio
-April 12, 2017
- The men of Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity gave a presentation on safe sleep/early infant death prevention at the
Youngstown Early College. The presentation began with an introduction and an informal conversation with the group of male students who were in attendance. During the introduction issues associated with early infant death were not discussed. Prior to the presentation, a pre- assessment was administered to determine the level of knowledge among the group as to safe sleep practices and early infant death. The content of the presentation was modified based on the age ranges of the audiences.
– Youngstown Early College – Youngstown, Ohio
– April 12, 2017
- The men of Kappa Alpha Psi gave a presentation on safe Sleep/early infant death to the Youngstown/Mahoning County Inter Domination Ministerial Alliance. The alliance represents a diverse group of religions and ethnicities throughout the area. The majority of the ministers present indicated that the program presented them with information and facts they had not known prior to the presentation.
– Antioch Baptist Church – Youngstown, Ohio
– May 8, 2017
Outstanding Job Youngstown Alumni!