The Miami Valley Regional Planning Commission (MVRPC) has two full time (30-40 hours per week) planning/GIS internship positions open during the Spring of 2018 (approximately from January 8, 2018 to April 28, 2018).
The first internship position (Long Range Planning) is to assist the Long Range Planning and Engineering and Regional Planning departments, involving:
- Long-Range Transportation/Land Use Planning
- Special Planning Studies
- Data Update, Data Analysis and Map Production using Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Field Surveys/Data Collection
The second internship position (Sustainable Solutions/Public Information) is to assist Sustainable Solutions and Transportation Alternatives and Public Information departments, involving:
- GIS-based sidewalk inventory update
- Hazardous materials transportation survey and report
- Human Services Transportation Plan update
- Active transportation administrative duties
- Communication/outreach responsibilities
Applicants should possess: knowledge of planning principles and practices; working knowledge of GIS; familiarity with research techniques; skill in the use of various basic software (word processing, databases, spreadsheet, etc).
- Must be currently enrolled in a degree (undergraduate or graduate) program in planning, geography, communications, or related field
- Currently in the second year toward completing a Bachelor’s degree program.
- A personal vehicle to drive and a valid driver’s license are required for field work during working hours.
- Some practical professional experience preferred.
Submit a resume via e-mail to email@example.com. Application deadline: November 22, 2017. Applicants should indicate the position they are applying for: 1) Long Range Planning or 2) Sustainable Solutions/Public Information.
An Equal Opportunity Employer